Friday, February 17, 2012

The Joy of Giving Back


This evening I had the privilege of photographing the joyful reunion of a father and husband with his young family. He had been serving his country in a far away land for the past year, while his wife and son made their own sacrifices as they waited for him.








How grateful I am to the men and women who serve in the military to preserve the freedoms we too often take for granted. When I think of the days, weeks, months and even years that they and their families sacrifice on our behalf, it seems totally inconsequential to give a few short hours to shoot some photos for them.











May all who serve experience the joy of coming home safely. That's my prayer for them.

If you know someone in the military who is being deployed, has been deployed or is coming home soon, tell them or a family member about Operation Love: Reunited. They may qualify for no-fee photo portrait sessions. Click HERE for information about Operation Love: Reunited and the services they offer.


6 comments:

Sarah Haynie said...

I share your sentiments completely. How wonderful there are people like you that have such a wonderful talent and are willing to share it. I am sure they will never forget it.

Splendid Little Stars said...

so true!
wonderful shots and an adorable little boy!

Susan Anderson said...

I love these reunions. And I love that little guy's shirt, too!

=)

Pam said...

You are the most giving person. This little family is so precious. You did a beautiful job!

Vern said...

The most sure fire way to turn me into a blubbering idiot is to watch military reunion videos on YouTube. When parents surprise their kids at school I turn into a positive MESS! (I mean, more than normal.)

psychelyn said...

This is touching. How lovely are these moments you caught.