Saturday, October 8, 2011

Sounds Like...

Invites went out to everyone in the community. Preparations were made. Some people might have misunderstood the message. "Friday Night Football*!? You kidding?!! It's fuhrrrreakin' cold outside...only 14 days into fall and already there's snow on the ground...sticking. You see today's high temp?! The quakies have barely begun changing color and already the leaves are falling. Friday Night Football*? Nuh-uh...not for me!"





"No, no, my friends. Not Friday Night Football. Read my lips...Friday Night Food for All!! It's the ward dinner. Bring your family. Bring your friends. Someone's been cookin' up a storm...and it ain't no stinkin' snow storm! Come, get warm and fill your belly."






..........................................................

It's been a busy busy week...Achievement Day Girls, dentist appointments, finishing up some sewing for a baby shower for my step-daughter (hosted by her mom), planning, shopping for and putting on the ward dinner (with lots of help, of course) and plain old daily life, so today was joyfully a total guilt free decompress day.

*I tried all day to ignore the Saturday Centus prompt (see the rust colored text above), since football is not a celebrated sport in our house...we're much more into participant sports...sorry, all you football fans. But then, as I was waiting for my chocolate chip cookies to finish baking, thoughts of food whirling about in my head, it hit me. And so, there you have it.

9 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

Nice twist, Anita. How come you didn't link this up??

=)

anitamombanita said...

I did! ;)

21 Wits said...

Some people say that the cold just makes better football...no way...but I am so happy we don't have those temps yet...and I too would rather be baking and tasting such yummy treats! Oh yes!

Judie said...

The low here last night was fifty. I was able to let the dogs out early this morning without worrying about the rattlesnakes biting Lizzie again!

We have been thinking about spending our summers in Utah.

Your photos are wonderful!!!

gautami tripathy said...

Good one!!

much

Ames said...

What are the quakies?? Did you say food?? Count me in. I'm not a huge TV watching football fan but I love going to see my grandsons play at my alma mater. They are third generation to go there. ~Ames

anitamombanita said...

Ames: quakies = aspens. Also, re your comment on my other post, bears not in hibernation yet. But to see one would be extremely rare. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

To the others of you who commented, thanks also. Hope you all have a great week. See you next Saturday for more of Jenny's fun and games, eh? :)

Nonna said...

I'm with you all the way on this one Anita...Burrrr...no way. That was a great take on the prompt...LOVED the photos!

BTW, I used to be doing Achievement Day Girls twice a month and now my daughter is does the calling in her ward. Nice to have you on board with SC...welcome !

Jenny said...

I love that word for Aspens!

This is fabulous! What a clever take on the prompt! I would totally come for food...but definitely not football!