Thursday, October 27, 2011

Take a Little Trip


I suppose in some people's minds what constitutes family is genetic makeup or those who are connected to you by marriage. But sometimes family comes about in other ways, like when you just decide that the word "friends" doesn't adequately describe the relationship.  

Yesterday we took a little trip to visit some of my family...the I'm-adopting-you-whether-you-like-it-or-not kind of family. I had a blast shooting their "portraits". These are some of my faves, not necessarily the ones THEY would have picked. But I think they show who they are and why I love these crazy people.

What was the occasion? One of their sons just returned from serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and this was the first time the whole family had been together in the two years of his absence. Lots of changes had taken place.

It was a pretty chilly day, so the first order of business was to find a location to shoot...thirteen people, including babies.


A bed and breakfast spot was nice, but didn't feel quite right. 

How about an old train? Why not?! Out of the wind, nice soft light, fun for the kids (old and young), perfect.


And of course I couldn't resist shooting this little gem, found next to the train...























Once we finished at the train, everyone was eager to get back to the house for the feast that our returned missionary, and soon-to-be-discovered chef, was preparing for us...and a feast it was! Yummy!! 


Meanwhile, though, there was lots of activity in and around the kitchen and more photos to be taken...

























And where are the photos of the "matriarch" to this brood? Ha, sorry, she was busy doing what moms do...making sure everything was ready for dinner...sorry I missed getting more photos of her. But I did manage to get a shot of the family "patriarch" with his friend, Mu'ammar (Tony) CurtAffi...that guy's not included in the people I call family, by the way. 



4 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

They must be absolutely thrilled with these, Anita. Just wonderful!

=)

Rachey said...

These are so awesome! I am so glad I got to see you and got to know Rob a little better. You both are so great. Thanks again for the photos! Lots of love!

KinseyBug said...

WOW! You are so talented! I love the pictures, thank you again, it was so great to see you guys! Te Iubesc!

Vanessa said...

Fabulous....just fabulous daling.