Tuesday, November 8, 2011

All Good Dogs Go to Heaven

Back in my childhood home. My daughter lives there now with her family. It's always a little odd being there...good, because it means I'm with the ones I love most, but odd because there's so much history there.

Today Delilah died. She was the last of the three dogs my daughter and son-in-law have had during the time they've known each other. This is the first time they will be without animals...well, four-legged ones. They have two little monkeys of their own now.

Delilah lived a good long life. My daughter rescued her from some guy on a street corner in LA 12 years ago. She was a sweet dog, although at times a bit neurotic. But she was much loved and she will be missed.

I'm sure I have photos of Delilah...somewhere...but not on this computer. Click HERE to read my daughter's tribute to her.

Farewell Delilah. Say hello to Sammy and Mav and Ben and Dusty and all the other friends we've known and loved. We'll see you again some day.

Corinthians 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

1 comment:

Susan Anderson said...

Sorry about Delilah. It's always sad to lose an old friend.

=)

PS. It must be so strange to visit the home you grew up in and have your daughter live there now. Strange and kinda cool.