Sunday, November 20, 2011

Visiting Granny

My 84-year-old mother-in-law, affectionately known as Granny, has not been feeling well for the past few weeks, so she's moved in with my sister-in-law who is taking good care of her. We went to visit this evening. You can tell that she's feeling better because she's starting to get a little "sassy". As she said to me with that twinkle in her eye, "I've got it pretty good around here, don't you think? Getting waited on hand and foot, round the clock!"  We hope she's truly on the mend and will be around for a good long time to come.

Not only did we get to check on Granny, but the boys (Scottie dog boys) got to visit with their friends, Mitch (Shitzu), Oz (Australian shepherd), and Gus (Bassett hound). They romped and played so much that they were exhausted and fell asleep the moment they got in the car to return home.

Gus was good enough to pose for me, since Granny, who was still in PJs, wasn't quite ready to have her picture snapped just yet.

Thanks, Gus. You are too cute for words!















4 comments:

Gattina said...

This dog face makes me laugh and cry, hahaha !

Pam said...

OWOOOooo,thanks for the fun photo shoot Aunt Anita. I didn't know I was going to get a WHOLE layout. It was lots of fun getting my picture taken by a real photographer. Jake and Albet are the best cousins. I love when they come to see us. I can't wait to see you all on Thanksgiving.

Love, Gus

Susan Anderson said...

Hope Granny feels better soon.

And Gus is a riot.

=)

Ames said...

What an adorable sweet mug. I love it when dogs play themselves out. Sounds like granny is on the mend.~Ames