Saturday, March 12, 2011

He had never been accused of being intelligent...*

Luke turns 19 in a few days. As a joke, I gave him a package of temporary tattoos and told him I thought he was old enough for a tattoo now. He laughed and disappeared into his room to apply them. *He had never been accused of being intelligent...or so you would think, given that it was only when he looked in the mirror that he realized he had applied one of them upside down.


But seriously, Luke is awesome. He's a cheery kid who rarely complains and never lets on that he may have occasionally been dealt a raw deal. He IS intelligent, not to mention level-headed, creative, kind, helpful, funny, fun and many other good things. I'm glad that he doesn't have experience with or any desire for real tattoos. He makes us laugh regularly. The dogs both adore him and yelp with excitement whenever he comes into the room.


Luke is preparing to leave us for the next two years as he heads out on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I'm confident that he'll do much good wherever he goes. 

We'll miss him, but while he's away, I'll continue to photograph everything and everyone I see. 



And if that doesn't work, maybe I'll see if I can't find some of this...



*My take on Saturday Centus. Check out why my friend, Sue, did for hers.

3 comments:

Pam said...

Sorry Anita, I think I need some of that Famous Tonic. It's me, Pamela Terry Butler and daughter Hayley Lindsey. Love all you guys!

anitamombanita said...

Hi Pam! Duh. Shoulda known!! Love ya.

Susan Anderson said...

What a cute guy. I'm sure his mission will be a great experience.

(Cracked up at the topsy turvy tattoo tale.)

=)