Tuesday, June 7, 2011

She'll Be a Beautiful Bride...

Wedding photography is so not my thing, but every so often someone asks me to shoot their wedding. I find weddings stressful for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that you get one shot at it, and that's all. I generally resist doing weddings and offer suggestions for other photographers who actually like the work and do it for a living. 

This was a little different since I wasn't actually shooting the wedding, just my step-daughter in her dress - she wanted to be sure she had some photos she liked. It's a whole different thing to do this where there's no pressure, no stress and we can shoot whenever and wherever we like.


I don't know if she'll like the photos, but I like them. (Actually, that's not true...she did tell me she loved what she saw of the photos in the back of my camera).  She's a beautiful young woman and it was fun to do this with her. Hmmm...maybe I'll have to do this more often. And then again, maybe not.

She'll be a beautiful bride, that much is for sure.

















 

4 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

Her dress is wonderful, and I love the truck and textures in the background!

=)

Stephanie said...

So pretty! I love weddings. But I can imagine the stress that goes into shooting one. AH!

Pam said...

Wow, beautiful girl, georgous dress and wonderful very creative pictures. Looks like a perfect day. What more could you ask for?

Vern said...

I totally hear you on shooting weddings. STRESSFUL. I used to love doing bridal portraits though, there's a super fun mansion out here that let me use their property for free. I don't do it anymore but I can't get enough of looking at brides. So fun! Great job.