Saturday, October 13, 2012

Now and Then. An Autobiography in 109 Words or Less.

Then. California girl. Seemingly endless sunshine. Only the most seasoned native senses the fine distinction between seasons…and we all know that natives are dwindling in number. Flip-flops and strappy sandals with bare legs: de riguer.

Now. Utah girl. Living in the mountains. Summer one day, fall the next. And winter anxiously nipping at autumn’s booted heels. No need for stilettos here. No place for delicate heels. 









I step outside. Dancing in the pile of red and pink and amber leaves. Or more correctly, standing amidst the leaves that delicately swirl around my feet. The leaves crunched under my boots until they didn't. 





Thank you, Mrs. Jenny, for another Saturday Centus prompt (in red above). What would we do without our little weekend workout each Saturday morning? Be sure to stop by Mrs. Jenny's and see what the other Centusians are leaving for us...pun intended.

12 comments:

21 Wits said...

Oh you paint such a lovely hopeful happy girl, who makes where ever she lands her home sweet home! Bravo!

lissa said...

wonderful pics. fun cowboy boots, they seem to match the leaves on the ground, not sure they are easy to walk with.

hope you have a great day.

Ames said...

I'm a native and I can definitely detect the changing of season where there is none. From the girls lounging in Mr. Ray that beams through the window in early morning, to the windchimes tinkling in the palm tree outside the dining room window signaling a fall wind. Subtle but obvious to me. Love the pics and the journey and the boots!~Ames

Judie said...

Anita, I agree with you AND with Ames. Arizona girl, now Georgia girl. The seasons are a little more pronounced here, but still just a little. Beautifully written!

Gattina said...

Beautiful pictures and I love the boots !

Splendid Little Stars said...

wonderful!
lovely photos and written imagery!
(great boots, too! Dance away!)

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

What wonderful pictures. I had to scroll back through to read your lovely piece, because I was so enjoying http://dealingwithmyinnercritic.blogspot.com/the pictures. laurie @

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures ...I love the colours. wonderful words...great centus!!! Mine is here
Have you a ROCKING AND BLESSED WEEK!!!
hugs
shakira

Susan Anderson said...

I just didn't get it done last week. Loved yours, though!

=)

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Wonderful autobiography in 109 words or less! Fun to read and as always...LOVE your photos!

Bliessings & Aloha!
(Yikes! I am uber late in saying thank you for your sweet visit to my "T" post!)

Jenny said...

I love the autobiographical quality of this.

And the pictures are perfect!

Then Ohio girl. Now Arizona girl.

I miss the leaves.

jo said...

I want your life...and your boots...and your climate.
Seems so invigorating.
I'll just pretend :-)