Monday, December 12, 2011

Mmm-mmm-mmm-Monday

Guess what I did today?!





First: Oatmeal cookies with cream cheese filling. (Recipe borrowed from Oatmeal Cookie Blog). They were chewie gooey good. I'd definitely do these again!








Next: Double Chocolate Stuffed Peppermint Cookies (I saw these being made on KSL's Studio 5 morning program and thought they looked amazing. Click HERE for the recipe.)  They were good, but not as good as they looked. They were a little more cake-like than I wanted. I'd have preferred them to be more chewy like a brownie or a good chocolate chip cookie.  If I made them again, I'd probably use less cinnamon than the recipe called for - it was a little overpowering. I also think I'd make a chocolate chip type cookie dough, but instead of using chocolate chips, I'd use cocoa powder to make the cookies chocolate. I'll report back if I try them again.

I had more dough than Peppermint candies, so I filled the extra ones with caramels...the verdict on those is the same as the peppermint ones.


Finally, good old fashioned chocolate chip meringues. They are so easy and so yummy. Make 'em before you go to bed. Leave 'em in the oven while you sleep.  I borrowed the recipe from the Food Network. I used pecans instead of walnuts. I'd do them exactly the same next time!

The cookie elves and I hit the road this evening and left plates on a few doorsteps. It was a fun thing for our family to do together.



1 comment:

Susan Anderson said...

These look completely and in every way delectable!

=)