Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Look to the Sky

It's 9/11, 11 years later.

I remember the day. Vividly. Just like many of you.

I remember the sick feeling I had sitting in front of the TV, glued for hours at a time.

I remember how my thoughts flashed trying to think of every person I knew who might have been in NY, either because they lived there or because they were there on business.

I remember looking at the sky countless times over the days, weeks and months that followed.

I remember.

And now, 11 years later, I look to the sky as I remember. I look up and know that we must always look up. We must never lose hope. We must always remember...

Remember the lessons of history.
Remember those who lost their lives and their loved ones that day.
Remember those who gave their lives so that others might not have to.
Remember that we have a God who loves us and looks out for us, even in the midst of horrific tragedy.

I remember by looking to the sky... the beautiful sky.






1 comment:

Susan Anderson said...

Thanks for this exquisite post, Anita, reminding us to look up.

=)