Saturday, January 15, 2011

Remnants and Survivors

What's the difference between a remnant and a survivor?

Is a remnant something that is left behind like a drop of water in a wash basin or a lone patch of snow in the midst of a rushing stream?

Is a survivor something or someone that manages to remain of its own volition, like a lone berry clinging to the vine in the dead of winter? Are they really different or just different words to describe the same idea?

I don't claim to know the answer nor do I know that it's even important. It was just a random thought that passed briefly through my mind. Perhaps the images are my way of allowing the thought to survive... or not.  














1 comment:

Susan Anderson said...

Beautiful photographs, as always.

You've posed the kind of question(s) here that I like to think about late at night. And since this is late at night... ;)

For me, a remnant is more passive than a survivor. Surviving is proactive.

=)