Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Jumble-aha


The thing about going away is that it's always a jumble when you get back home. Unpacking, laundry, grocery shopping...and, of course, catching up with the blog. Not only my own, but everyone else's too. 

So, this is my catch-up...just a bunch of images from the quick trip to California without much explanation.

A few more scenes from the road. Some people think the desert is boring, but I love the vastness of the scenery.


Our passengers. 










Just needed a photo of these since I didn't eat any of them...my very favorite bakery where we bought a cake as a thank-you gift for my friend, Kathryn, who put us up (or put up with us) the night before the funeral.



The two grandpeops...and they ARE grand, indeed.


We took the little black boys to the dog park so they could run with the big dogs.



Meet Barkley...she took a liking to Albert....




but apparently, he doesn't like his girls so forward...


My daughter and her cute family..


A fun drive to the beach...





What little boy doesn't love the beach?


Some cool graffiti art...






Albert checking to see that everyone was OK after we got in an accident with a 16 year old boy who was driving too fast on a windy mountain road and came clear into our lane. Thankfully no-one was hurt...just some crunched fenders and scraped doors. He's one very lucky young man...it could have been a head-on and body bags involved. Hopefully he learned a good lesson from this one.


And, finally, the result of starting very early in the morning for the long drive home...




6 comments:

Pam said...

Wow, glad to see you made it home safe and sound. Sorry to hear about your accident. Looks like you had a good time considering everything. The grand boys looks grand as always; they look bigger than they did at Christmastime. Sooooo precious!

Abigail said...

The girls just can't help themselves!!

Susan Anderson said...

Glad the accident was no worse than it was.

And your photos are simply amazing. I love them.

=)

Splendid Little Stars said...

Those clouds are crazy and cool!
a fun set of photos!
awful about the accident, but glad that all survived.

I just got back from a trip myself, so I know exactly what you mean. I appreciate that you visited my blog while I was away!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

OH! I loved seeing what you shared from your view behind your camera. Yes, good to hear that all was well after that accident. And how absolutely handsome are your little grands! And it looks like your pups had great adventures too :o)

Blessings & Aloha!

Vern said...

The beeeeach! I knew you would come through for me.