Monday, March 5, 2012

When the Shadows Fall

There's something about shadows, often associated with the departing sun, impending darkness, mystery and things to be feared. But where there are shadows, there must, by definition, also be light. So I say, let the shadows fall.






Let us shine the light on those we love that their shadows may remain in our hearts when they depart. Let us remember their kind deeds and their warm smiles. Let the shadows fall.

In memory of DF, who left this earthly realm this morning after spending his life quietly doing good and leaving his shadow on those who walked anywhere near him. May he rest in peace.

Psalms 57:1 Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast.

3 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

Amen.

=)

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

I love all your shadow shots! They sit against the snow beautifully!

Jim Swindle said...

You have my sympathy. These are fine photos, and a fine meditation.