Wednesday, March 14, 2012

What to Do with Q

It’s Alphabe-Thursday - time for the quirky letter Q.  I was in a bit of a quandary as to what to do. I wanted to offer something of quality - maybe a lesson on quadratic equations or quantum theory, but I was certain that I wasn't fully qualified and that I would only leave you with lots of questions. The thought just made me quivery and queasy.

I got quiet for quite some time and quizzed my own mind. If it were fall, I’d give you the photos of lovely golden quakies (aspens). If I were in the UK, I’d show you the queen and her queer little hats. Nothing was clicking. I had a sinking feeling as if I’d stepped in quicksand.

And then, quickly, an image began to form - a photo patchwork quilt, four by four, colors and texture. Yup, that’s it. And, so, here you go. Q is for quadruple quilt.


Be sure to see what quest the other Alphabetarians are on. Perhaps some quarter horses or a nice recipe for a quiche. Just follow Mrs. Jenny, the quintessential queen of meme, by clicking right HERE.

19 comments:

Donna Heber said...

Great post for our quirky letter this week! It seems you figured it out quite nicely. I'm glad you decided to forgo the lesson on quadratic equations or quantum theory. I would have been quite confused :-)

storybeader said...

beautiful numberous Qs, of course! Love reading your alphabethursday post. So many wonderful words! {:-D

Lola said...

Visiting from Mrs Matlock’s, did enjoy your *Q* post & its words!

Have a great Alphabe-Thursday and weekend too.

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

It's a good thing you chose what you did over mathematics, because I'd be lost I'm afraid.

quite quirky!

Susan Anderson said...

I Quite enjoy the Quality of your Alphabe-Thursday Queations.

;)

Unknown said...

I love your take on Q! What a wonderful collage!

City Share said...

Ahhh, you always come up with great things for the letter of the week. Love all the Q's and the photo quilt.

VBR said...

ooh, i love all the red in your digital quilt! and loved the little quandry and query quotations you included!

NatureGirl said...

LOVE. Happy AlphabeThursday!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Your photo college is quintessentially beautiful!

Leovi said...

yes, I love this wonderful mosaic, exquisite color, a large compositions. Greetings.

jesh StG said...

Great to have guadruple vision:) Creative too for the Q!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Lovely photo patchwork quilt! haha love that you are so fluid with your Q words too! I am ooooh sooo behind in my blog visits!!! Thank you for popping over and your congrats :o) You mentioned about our daughter's art skills...it's fun that my hubby and all our kiddoes are artsy-fartsy :o)

Blessings & Aloha!
...now to back track on some of your past posts...

Cheryl D. said...

You were supposed to write about Q! I didn't see any Q words!

J/K, of course! That was a very fun tour of all sorts of Q words! It's an excellent summary of all our posts! LOL

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

That's a pretty quilt, and perfect for the letter Q this week!

The Poet said...

Hello.
I love coming here to see what you've come up with & you didn't disappoint either (smile).
Thanks for sharing & visiting.

A Quiet Evening

Naperville Now said...

love your mosaic quilt!

Unknown said...

Nice use of those Q words and you just can't go wrong with quilts, some of them just say loads without using any words at all:-)

Jenny said...

Love your creative quirky Q post this week.

You are quite talented at making these mosaics!

You have such great color and design sense!

Thanks for sharing this lovely link for Alphabe-Thursday!

A+