Saturday, February 26, 2011

The ATM machine began dispensing twenties...*

I dreamed a crazy dream last night. I was waiting in line at the bank. Finally it was my turn. The ATM machine began dispensing twenties. Of course I was all excited. Who wouldn't be? But then I looked at the crisp new bills in my hand. They were all from Slovenia, and the likelihood I'd be in Slovenia any time soon was slim. In my dream I chuckled and then settled back into my peaceful slumber.


When I awoke, there was no neat pile of twenties - not from here, not from Slovenia. But it seemed that the ATM machine in the sky had delivered plenty of fresh new snow. We were blanketed in white once again. The sight of it was priceless.


p.s. there's a moral to this story. The Slovenian twenty has enscribed on it the words "Dulcis ex labore fructus". It means "the fruit of labor is sweet". In other words, there are no free twenties from the ATM of life, but what we work for we value. 
 
Matthew 6:20 ...lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt...  

*My version of Saturday Centus, the theme is in red, above. 







1 comment:

Susan Anderson said...

Great job, Anita. You should link up to Jenny's prompt since you did text this time.

=)