Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Snoopin' Around

I'm kind of fascinated by a number of old rickety barns in the area. Lately, when I've been out for my morning run, I've begun to notice them more and I'm determined to get inside a few of them and photograph. I've even knocked on a few doors to try to get permission. It's not always obvious who owns the barns, so my door knocking hasn't been entirely successful...yet. I'm not giving up.



I did manage to get permission to photograph at least one barn, so far. The results weren't quite what I had hoped for, but it's a start.





I gathered some more texture shots so I can continue experimenting with layering my photos.


I love finding old rusty things to photograph...here are a few "discards" I found in and around the barn...






And finally, today's experiment with adding texture to the outside shot of the barn... click on it to enlarge it enough to see the detail.


Oh, and I suppose I should keep shooting flowers while they last... their days are numbered. :(




1 comment:

Susan Anderson said...

That is such an interesting effect, Anita. I really think you're going somewhere with that.

And I'm all about the barn, too!

=)