Tuesday, March 22, 2011

One Last Romp in the Snow

 

Tomorrow I go back to waking up each morning thinking about what I'm going to photograph. Today I get to languish in the love for my family one more time. Thanks for indulging me.

I could go on for hours, even days, about how adorable my little grandsons are. But today I just want to say how much I love my daughter. She's an amazing mother to those boys. She's not the most patient person in the world, but with them she shows love and patience and restraint beyond anything I could have imagined her capable of. It is admirable. Don't get me wrong - it's not that they're "bad" or poorly behaved boys. Quite the contrary, they're an absolute delight. But they are non-stop busy and energetic and smart and wanting to be independent and test their limits. She loves her boys and I love my daughter. (And, oh, by the way, I have a pretty terrific son-in-law too, who also loves my daughter).

This afternoon they left to return to their home in California, but not without one last romp in the snow.












2 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

What a great family. I'll bet you're sad to see them go.

That means you'll need to come and visit!!

=D

Vern said...

I love that you gave your daughter props - one of my best memories is when my mom complimented my parenting in a car ride while taking them to the airport. It means a LOT!