Saturday, April 9, 2011

April showers bring May flowers...*

So the saying goes, April showers bring May flowers*. This April, though, the showers have been cold, fluffy and white. With the snow continuing to fall, I'm not optimistic that we'll be seeing flowers any time soon. My vases sit empty in wait, patiently reflecting the snowy landscape outside.

Truly, the only flowers I've seen of late have been spelled with an "ou", instead of an "owe", as in white, wheat and bread flours. I guess it makes for happy tummies on cold snowy mornings, so I shouldn't complain.













And the dogs don't seem to mind that they can curl up and take a Saturday morning nap in my husband's warm lap while he reads.

My friend Sue had a more optimistic view...but then, she lives in California! And there you have it, my Saturday Centus attempt for this week.

1 comment:

Susan Anderson said...

Great job, Anita. And I think your particular flours sound lovely.

=)