Friday, April 29, 2011

Dog Day, Part II

Normally I wouldn't post twice in the same day, but the weather was so freakishly strange today that I couldn't resist. First of all, the temperature never got above freezing and it snowed on and off most of the day. Mind you, it's April 29, not January 29.

Second, I sat at my desk and looked across the valley where the sun was shining brightly and the sky was blue. Nothing unusual about that, except that I was looking at all this as it was snowing right outside my window. (Note the fresh snow on the roof beneath my window at the bottom of the photo. And if the second photo looks a bit grainy, it's because it was shot through the falling snow.)



And finally, it was a spectacular sunset which I couldn't resist sharing.


And so, while the royals in Britain were partying the night away, the weather here was simply a royal pain.

1 comment:

Susan Anderson said...

A royal pain, indeed.

But a royal sunset, too!

=)