Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Sanctity and Serenity of Sundays

I love Sundays. If you've known me for long, you probably already know that. It's a holy day, but it's more than that too. It's definitely a day to renew spiritually, but it's also a day to rest and recharge mentally and physically.

If the weather permits, I love to go for casual walks on Sundays after church. Today was no exception. It was peaceful and serene.




I'm grateful that the long winter is finally going its way. Our snow showers have turned to rain showers, and although I'm really ready for sunshine and flowers and all that, I don't mind the rain. I love that in the last couple days all the trees seem to be bursting with new buds and the branches are adorned with tiny raindrops that are clinging like white Christmas lights. I'm amazed and fascinated by how quickly the snow is giving way to patches of green...tiny patches thus far, but patches nonetheless. 






On our walk this afternoon, I could hear birds singing. I saw chickadees flitting about from tree to tree and heard them happily twittering to each other. I saw swans "struttin' their stuff", as if to say "hey girls, look at me".  I heard sandhill cranes warbling in a distant field.






I know spring is finally arriving and everyone is ready.

1 comment:

Susan Anderson said...

It's all beginning. And it looks wonderful through your photos.

=)