Saturday, April 23, 2011

Thump Takes a Stand

If you know Thump, you know that he rarely has much to say about anything. He's just kind of a shy bunny with a laissez-faire attitude about life.


But when he saw this week's Saturday Centus, he decided it was time to take a stand to defend the honor of his rabbit family and Easter. He doesn't claim to be any poet laureate, but here's what sweet Thump had to say:

I saw a dude all dressed in blue.
It made me think “Who?, just who?”
would do such a thing,
dissing my family with all that bling?

I’ve never been big on Easter hoopla,
But to this I really must say “poopa”.
Easter means much more to me
Than bunnies in blue and sweet candy.

Although Easter treats are sweet to the taste,
to only think of candy would be such a waste.
Remember that Christ gave His life for you and for me,
so that from our sins we would finally be free.

He left us His example of how to act,
to live our lives with dignity and tact.
He gave His life and so much more,
it would be impossible to even the score.

In the words of an angel, to us a gift was given,
“He is not here: for he is risen” (Matthew 28:6).
And thus we know we can live forever too,
if we strive to be like Him, faithful and true.

These are my words to all the girls and boys:
Enjoy the candy, be grateful for the toys.
But remember what Easter truly means
while you’re gobbling down your jelly beans.





1 comment:

Susan Anderson said...

Loved it, Anita...as well as your sanitized version of the blue bunny.

;)