Sunday, May 22, 2011

End of the World?

It's Sunday, May 22, 2011, so I suppose that the predictions about the world coming to an abrupt end on May 21 didn't come to pass, unless I'm writing from another sphere and I just haven't noticed. And I suppose that's possible...

Judging by the color of the bark on these rainbow eucalyptus trees, it's clear I'm not in Kansas or even Utah. But the trees all around me are still standing...



Chickens are still trying to cross the road, for whatever reason they do that...



And there are lights in the tunnel...and it seems, even at the end of the tunnel.


The reality is, though, that while the earth seems to still be in tact, the 21st was our last day.... in Hawaii, that is.

It was a grand two weeks. I'm grateful to have gone...and now grateful to have returned to our beautiful home. Can't wait to show you how much it's changed since we were away. Until tomorrow, aloha!

2 comments:

Susan Anderson said...

Seems like you had a great trip, and I'm glad the world didn't end before you made it home.

;)

VK said...

Wonderful trip you had and some very amazing pictures you have posted. Thanks for sharing the beauty of the earth and creations with us (me).
California is still on the eastern edge of the Pacific and I think Utah is still in the middle of the continent, so it appears that the end has not yet happened. I will have to live a 54th year.