Thursday, May 5, 2011

Oh Joy Oh Joy, Part II

When the sun shines, all seems right with the world. I love this place in the spring. Not only does everything turn green, which I never really expected of Utah, but all the wildlife comes out to play too.

We got our bikes out and went for a ride this afternoon. We saw...

blue skies, green fields and yellow daffodils...


...a HUGE great horned owl... honestly, he was about the same size as Albert (he looked like a big fat cat sitting in the tree). I wish I'd had my camera with me. The cell phone didn't quite do the job. I'm going to try to go back to the same spot and hope it's his regular hangout. There was a nest in the next tree over, so there's a pretty good chance that he'll be there again. He was a very handsome dude.


We also saw a red fox, but he was too far off to photograph without a telephoto.

And speaking of handsome dudes, here's my favorite guy soaking up a little sun. Although it might look dangerous, there's not much worry about him becoming road kill. In case you've forgotten we live pretty much in the middle of nowhere, and I couldn't be happier.

1 comment:

Susan Anderson said...

Oh, those daffodils!

=)