Sunday, May 8, 2011

I'd like to teach the world to sing...

All day long I've had that silly jingle in my head... "I'd like to teach the world to sing* in perfect harmony...", etc etc etc. So annoying. It's starting to bug me because 1) I can't stop singing or whistling it, 2) I don't really get what it has to do with Coke and 3) apparently the Madison Ave ad-men have succeeded in eternally making #2 a moot point, since #1 is true. And I don't even drink Coke.

OK, if you don't have a clue what I'm talking about, you are too young or you grew up on another planet. Click on this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jr9hPbYmBo and you'll be transported back to the early 70s. Don't blame me if you find yourself singing along or craving an ice cold drink of the "real thing" (Coke, that is).

I don't sing very well, so I won't be teaching anyone else how. But there are some things that make my heart sing. One: seeing the trees getting a little greener each day. Hard to believe we were blanketed in snow only a few days ago.






Two: seeing the meadows and hills across the valley also turning greener by the day.






And three: going back to the willow tree where I saw the great horned owl the other day and finding him still hanging out. He's pretty cute, don't you think?

And, yes, it's Saturday, so this is my feeble attempt at *Saturday Centus for this week.

1 comment:

Susan Anderson said...

As always, I liked it!

=)

PS. And Happy Mother's Day, Anita!

=)